MASTER OF SCIENCE IN QUANTITATIVE ECONOMICS
At Sourav Sir’s Classes, one will get a vivid description about various career options, analytical skills, tricks and ways to solve highly competitive examinations easily by SOURAV SIR’S study materials and tuitions both online and offline giving the student an exceptional advantage over other students.
The Economics and Planning Unit at ISI welcomes students at the Masters level. The Economics and Planning Unit offers a two-year program in Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (M.S.Q.E.).
WHERE DO WE COME IN?
We, Team Sourav Sir Classes believe that a healthy environment and the right amount of work helps a student achieve peak performance levels. Our classes employ a tried and tested procedure, and, we have a legacy of producing students who not only crack the exam but excel at all of them
So we have tried to invoke that spirit through the various facilities available at our tuition study centres for all our programs. These facilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
1. Complete mock tests series
2. Past years entrance questions solutions will also be done.
3. The topic wise analysis will be done.
4. Complete study materials will be provided
5. Special doubt clearing sessions.
6. Every live class will also be recorded so if you miss any session you will get the recording.
1. Specially planned for the 2019 exam
2. Special crash course portal with prerecorded lectures and live sessions on a regular basis on skype
3. Special short PDF for notes and trick-based videos
4. Shortcut special session where topic summarised in an exam friendly way
5. Highly frequent mock test pattern with complete answer key and followed by a full solution
6. Special extra doubt clearing sessions
MOCK TEST SERIES
1. Complete Mock Tests
2. You can give the exams from your home using a phone or laptop or pc or a tablet.
3. After every exam complete solutions with marks will be provided to you.
4. Any doubts with any part you are free to ask us via what's app/email/call.
5. All the Mock Tests are Exam oriented.
ABOUT THE COURSE
One of the top-ranked economics departments in India, the Economics and Planning Unit at ISI welcomes students at the Masters level. The Economics and Planning Unit offers a two-year program in the Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (M.S.Q.E.).
Courses are taught in four semesters over two years. Students take about four to five courses each semester, M.S.Q.E. students get placed in the industry in India and abroad. Some of the companies which recruited M.S.Q.E. students last year are D.E. Shaw, Genpact, Indian School of Business, ICICI Bank, HP Analytics.
Students with a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics OR B.Stat degree from the Indian Statistical Institute OR Engineering degree. (Candidates should have knowledge of Economics and Mathematics at the B.A./B.Sc. pass level), are eligible to apply for the M.S.Q.E. program. Selection of students is based on past academic record, and performance in entrance tests (in Economics and Mathematics) and in an interview. Information regarding the admission process is advertised in major Indian newspapers and on ISI Official website in February of each year. The entrance tests are held in early May, and interviews are held in early July.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE & PLACEMENTS
Selection of candidates to this programme will be based on performance in written tests and subsequent interview. The entrance tests are held in early May, and interviews are held in early July. Detailed information about this is mailed to candidates who apply for the program. A new session starts in late July.
M.S.Q.E. students get placed in the industry in India and abroad. Some of the companies which recruited M.S.Q.E. students last year are D.E. Shaw, Genpact, Indian School of Business, ICICI Bank, HP Analytics. Some of our M.S.Q.E. students go abroad for doctoral studies
NOTES & STUDY MATERIALS
STUDY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED free of cost to students who have enrolled in our programs
Our faculty of highly qualified teachers and researchers have combed through several books and journals, having collected and processed all the information so that it becomes easily accessible to the student. The study material is prepared in a time tested fashion with the student kept in mind in such a fashion that the student can catch up on the various topics in the event of missed lectures. Besides the theory being extensively discussed, an enormous collection of problems has been added so that the student can learn to apply the concepts over a diverse spectrum of difficulty. All the problems have been worked out thoroughly so that in case the student gets stuck, we've got you covered!