MASTER OF SCIENCE IN LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
Here, at Sourav Sir’s Classes, we always strive, so that you succeed. Our team of experienced faculty is dedicated to ensuring that you stay light years ahead of the competition. SOURAV SIR’S study materials and tuitions both online and offline giving the student an exceptional advantage over other students.
This is an advanced programme in Library and Information Science with special emphasis on applications of Information technology
WHERE DO WE COME IN
We, Team Sourav Sir Classes believe that a healthy environment and the right amount of work helps a student achieve peak performance levels. Our classes employ a tried and tested procedure, and, we have a legacy of producing students who not only crack the exam but excel at all of them
So we have tried to invoke that spirit through the various facilities available at our tuition study centres for all our programs. These facilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
1. Complete mock tests series
2. Past years entrance questions solutions will also be done.
3. The topic wise analysis will be done.
4. Complete study materials will be provided
5. Special doubt clearing sessions.
6. Every live class will also be recorded so if you miss any session you will get the recording.
1. Specially planned for the 2019 exam
2. Special crash course portal with prerecorded lectures and live sessions on a regular basis on skype
3. Special short PDF for notes and trick-based videos
4. Shortcut special session where topic summarised in an exam friendly way
5. Highly frequent mock test pattern with complete answer key and followed by a full solution
6. Special extra doubt clearing sessions
MOCK TEST SERIES
1. Complete Mock Tests
2. You can give the exams from your home using a phone or laptop or pc or a tablet.
3. After every exam complete solutions with marks will be provided to you.
4. Any doubts with any part you are free to ask us via what's app/email/call.
5. All the Mock Tests are Exam oriented.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The ISI Bangalore campus
On completion of the programme, the students will be able to pursue an academic career or take up responsible positions in various private and public sector organizations in Library and Information field. The objectives of the course are to develop manpower capable of :
Effectively and efficiently working as information professionals at higher levels in libraries and information centres.
Design & development of information systems.
Contributing to the discipline of Library and Information science in terms of research and teaching.
The minimum qualification for admission to the M.S. in Library and Information Science programme is a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian or foreign university with a minimum of 15 years of education. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the Bachelors’ degree.
SELECTION CRITERIA & PLACEMENTS
Selection of candidates will be based on academic records and performance in written tests and interview.
Professionals are hired in capacities such as Deputy Librarian, Academic Librarian, Electronic Resources Librarian, Information Architect, Integrated Library System Application Specialist, Junior Librarian/Assistant Librarian, Junior Information Analyst, Library Attendant, Librarian, Metadata Librarian, Research Instruction Librarian, Teacher Librarian. Placements package ranges from 2 LPA to 25 LPA.
SELECTION CRITERIA & PLACEMENTS
STUDY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED free of cost to students who have enrolled in our programs
Our faculty of highly qualified teachers and researchers have combed through several books and journals, having collected and processed all the information so that it becomes easily accessible to the student. The study material is prepared in a time tested fashion with the student kept in mind in such a fashion that the student can catch up on the various topics in the event of missed lectures. Besides the theory being extensively discussed, an enormous collection of problems has been added so that the student can learn to apply the concepts over a diverse spectrum of difficulty. All the problems have been worked out thoroughly so that in case the student gets stuck, we've got you covered!